How To Buy A Firearm Online
BUYING A FIREARM ONLINE
Buying a firearm online from firearms-animation.com is easy and painless. We have assembled a detailed instruction guide on how to purchase your first or your firearm/ammo on the web with no hassle. Our professional staff is on hand via Live Chat, phone or email to guide you through the entire process.
Follow this six step guide outlined below:
If you have previously purchased a firearm online – the simple steps below will refresh your memory on the process:
- Locate the firearm(s) on our site.
- Place them in the shopping cart.
- Complete our Secure Checkout with your preferable method of payment and click the “place order” button.
- Locate an FFL dealer in your area to accept your firearm transfer. Click on our FFL Dealer Locator Tool to find one in your area. Use this FFL Locator for a list of gun dealers near you.
- Have FFL dealer email (email@example.com) or fax (480 691-8564) a copy of a valid and signed FFL license (The email/fax should include your Name and your order number with us. California orders should also include a CFLC number).
- Once all the paperwork is received, your order will be prepared for shipment.
- Only paid and completed orders will be shipped out.
- The order is given to a freight forwarder (typically UPS, or FedEx).
- You will receive a tracking number.
- Some FFL dealers will notify you when your shipment arrives, and with some you may need to call them after you see that UPS,or FedEx delivered your firearm.
- You will need to go the FFL dealer’s physical location to fill out ATF paperwork to complete the transfer.
BUYING FIREARMS ON THE INTERNET GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS:
Federal law stipulates that firearms may only be shipped from one FFL dealer to another one. As an individual, you either have to maintain a valid FFL dealer license or have your firearm shipped to a business, agency or an individual who is a holder of a valid FFL.
You must also be 21 years of age or older at the time of the transaction if you are purchasing a handgun. If you are purchasing any other firearm you must be 18 years old at the time of transaction. By submitting your order you are formally acknowledging that you are familiar with your local regulations and you are of a legal age to engage in the transaction.
Customers Responsibilities – when purchasing firearms online from firearms-animation.com it is your responsibility to:
- Ensure and comply that the firearm you are purchasing is legal to own in your state. Click here for State Restrictions (the information is provided as a reference only – your local law enforcement agencies would have the most current regulations)
- Contact receiving FFL dealer to make sure they are aware about the arrival of your firearm at their location
- Contact receiving FFL dealer to schedule pick up of your firearm(s)
- Complete all necessary paperwork when you pick up your firearm from the receiving FFL dealer
- Be aware that your local FFL dealer may have a processing fee to complete the transfer (if unsure of the amount – call your dealer in advance). This fee is paid directly to the receiving FFL dealer at the time of the transfer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
It depends on the dealer. Most dealers will charge $25 dollars for the service. You need to check with your FFL dealer that will be receiving the firearm to find out their exact rate.
You have 4 options for SHIP TO field:
- If you have a valid FFL – enter the address that matches the address on your FFL
- If you have a gun shop, pawn shop or gunsmith with a valid FFL that you have done business with before – enter their address into SHIP TO field.
- If you do not know a local FFL dealer – you will need to locate one using our FFL Dealer Locator Tool.
- If you are picking up the gun from our location – enter “STORE PICK UP” in the SHIP TO address.
No, Ammunition and Firearms must be purchased and shipped separately.
Returns are accepted for merchandise that is defective.
Shootar Ilusions will provide a refund or exchange on all defective firearms, prior to transfer, and accessories found defective within 10 days. Shootar Ilusions will have the defective items returned. Please do not return packages prior to receiving a return authorization.
Most states will not require you to have a permit to purchase a firearm, but we recommend you consult your local FFL dealer to make sure you are following all local regulations.
Remember that you are responsible for compliance with all local and state laws. Some states prohibit standard capacity magazines, some states prohibit suppressors, or short barreled rifles, and some states have restrictions on types or parts that may be used on AR-15 platform firearms.
Buying a gun online comes with a ton of benefits like having a greater selection of firearms to choose from, the ability to easily compare prices and difference between guns, and all the resources you need to make an informed decision. If you are looking to buy an AR-15, you can check out our AR-15 buyers guide here to learn more about which one is right for you. We also have a full staff of customer service representatives to answer any questions you might have about a specific firearm.
With these steps in mind, it is now time to choose your new gun from our vast selection here at your favorite Online Gun Store. We have a variety of guns for sale, from complete AR 15 and AK47 rifles, ammunition, knives, optics, magazines AR pistols, AR lowers, factory short-barreled rifles, hunting rifles, shotguns, and an ever-growing selection of handguns in the most popular calibers right at your fingertips!